Tuesday, September 23, 2014

NO!!!!!!!! Pardon Me, I Mean YES!!!! Hahaha :)

This  post is for my nephew, Parker. For years, he has made fun of my brother Nate, and sometimes me, for wearing socks with sandals. He just thought it was flat out wrong, lol! However, in our defense, it was totally something people did when we were teenagers and into our 20's. Birkenstocks were way in and you'd wear your Birks with some nice wool socks, even in the winter. They weren't really worn with shorts, but they looked way sweet with a pair of jeans and a sweater or sweatshirt. We were all about lookin' good, but I guess along the way, we forgot that maybe it wasn't the mode anymore :)

However...I just saw this article on MSN Fashion that says that socks with sandals...ARE BACK, BABY!!!! So, I'm sorry Parker, but this grunge momma is going to go all out! Maybe not for the next 20 years or maybe I will, just to torture you a little bit longer, hahaha :) Love you, bro!!
(I'm still not an advocate for the dude on the left, but the guy on the right looks pretty sweet,
minus his goofy space age clothing, the dark sandals look the best)

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This is funny! Gotta love how old trends resurface. Remember how we'd peg pants and tuck them into our socks?! Let's hope that one doesn't come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny that you'd say that because pegged pants are back in. They don't tuck them in their socks, but if people don't have skinny jeans, they're out there pegging those bad boys. Even leg warmers are back in...what the heck?? I am glad the sweet barrettes we used to make haven't come back yet. You know the ones where we'd wrap ribbon around them and then leave a bit extra that we'd add beads and then tie or glue feathers to them. What were we thinking?? Haha. I'm very glad that bellbottoms haven't fully resurfaced. We did have some flare pants for a bit, but nothing like those ugly suckers. Fashion is a fickle and, sometimes, very ugly creature :)

      Delete