Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Ray!!

I warn you in advance that this is a "serious" post. Today is the birthday of my awesome sister, Laurie, who so sadly passed away several years ago. It's one of those days that I have to celebrate because she loved her birthday sooo much and because I love her sooo much!! She would start getting invites ready months in advance and always knew exactly what she wanted to do on her special day. She was pure joy in my life and will always be present in my heart!!

She was in my dreams last night. We were out having fun and it reminded me of our last road trip together. It was her dream come true because we visited The Laura Ingalls Homestead in De Smet, SD. We had such an awesome time, mostly because of her constant squeals of delight around every corner. They even let her drive the wagon back from the school house where we met "Miss Beadle." Seeing Laurie with those reigns was so cute. However, seeing the faces of everyone else once she yelled "YAW!" to get the horses running, was even better, lol!! Such a fabulous adventure that I thought I share a pic or two :)

 In front of a replica of the Ingalls home
 
 Chillin' with Miss Beadle :)
 
 Laurie and my awesome mom
 
 Before all heck broke loose, haha
 
Now that I got all of that serious stuff out of me, I also had to post one of my favorite pictures that I've ever taken in my life. After we left South Dakota, we came across the most amazing JCT ever known to man. Highway P, State Road 00. It's POO people...POO!!!! Hahahaha! LOVE IT :D
 

K, that is all. Happy Birthday, my Ray <3 Peace, love and chocolate, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment