Friday, August 15, 2014

Convo with The Kid

So I came into my son's room this afternoon and we had this conversation:

Me:  So, Dad's middle name is Yorg.

Justin:  What's your point.

Me:  You know...George?

Justin:  Where is all this coming from?

Me:  I just think a good nickname is George.

Justin:  Or how about "One Ear."

Me:  What??

Justin:  You know, Harry Potter....George.

Justin FTW!!

I post this just to give a little insight into how my brain works. I was reading a blog yesterday and the lady's husband's name is Victor. They always have these hilarious conversations and his name is just a nice standard name. Then I started thinking about my husband and his name is Alif. That is not a standard name. I mean, how can I sell t-shirts with Team Alif on them? No one would understand what that even is. So I was thinking about this when I went into my son's room.

I think George has a nice ring to it and who wouldn't want to be on Team George? So, sorry honey, but I've made a nice alter ego for you. Maybe he will do dishes so I don't have to, haha. Sorry, Justin, but ol' One Ear didn't make the cut. The t-shirts would be too "holey" :D

2 comments:

  1. I think Bob is a good nickname. Then you could say, "Oui, Bob!"

    ReplyDelete