Sunday, August 24, 2014

Harry Potter Mania...c!!

When you're as obsessed about Harry Potter as I am, it's always fun when your equally obsessed SIL decides to have a joint party for hers and Harry's b-days. It's okay that she's 29, right?? Haha. So what do you give said person as a fun party gift?? You give them the following items:
A hanger, a toothpick, a tissue, an old pair of "Uncle Vernon's" socks, and a fifty-"pence" piece. If you're a true fan, you will know that these are all the things that the Dursley's sent to Harry over his time at Hogwarts, minus the times that they completely ignored him. I wrapped it up all pretty in this awesome bag:
I used this one to look kind of like Harry's scar. Nailed it, right?!? Haha. You should've seen the look on her face when she was opening this. She had no idea what I was thinking. She said, "I kept pulling things out and thinking that they must've been things I left at your house. Then I saw the toothpick and I didn't know what to think." Lol. Once everything was out of the bag, I told her what they were and she died laughing!! Then went on to say it was one of the best presents she had ever received! Yep...nailed it, haha.
 
Next up, was what I should wear to the party?? I was feeling rather lazy, since it was a Saturday afternoon, and I didn't want to have to get my gear out of the attic. As luck would have it, I happened to be looking in the bathroom mirror at that exact moment. I was wearing my oh so classy Happy, Happy, Happy Duck Dynasty shirt. Eureka!! Problem solved...
It's amazing what a little paper and packing tape can do for you, in a pinch, haha. The shirt was a hit and we ended up having a really good time. FYI, my SIL makes amazing butterbeer! Sidenote: I got a perfect 50/50 on the trivia quiz so I had to go head to head with the birthday girl. I should've let her have it, but I have issues, lol. I stumped her with the name of Hagrid's mom. Go look it up. It's definitely one to keep in your back pocket :)
 
Happy Birthday Harry and Heather!! Thanks for the brilliant party. Slughorn would've been proud :)

4 comments:

  1. Best present idea ever! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks!! I saw one kind of like it online, but I made it waaaay cooler, lol :)

      Delete
  2. Nikki admitted she often scours Harry Potter with intent to pick up bizarre trivia facts. Which is probably fair, because I probably do that too. And since she beat me, I ordered several of the books on CD to brush up...makes the drive to and from work much more pleasant, so it was kind of win-win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! That's awesome. The funny thing is that when I find something good, I usually remember the question, but not the complex answer. For example: Give at least 5 of the passwords used to get into Gryffindor Tower. See? I'm a kwazy cupcake!!

      Delete